PEOPLE AND ACTIVITIES MANAGEMENT
- Ability to provide direction and strategic management to personnel.
- Ability to effectively delegate tasks and responsibilities with adequate authority.
- Ability to directly manage personnel and activities in several locations across several geographical areas.
RESOURCES & FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT:
- Ability to effectively oversee the resources management operations across several locations through cost benefits analysis.
- Ability to Prepare accurate budgets for planned operations and understanding of financial statements of the organisation.
- Ability to make strategic decisions on financial matters.
- Ability to manage investments and the process that leads to effective investment decisions
PLANNING & STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT:
- Ability to set the overall focus and identify the key deliverables, ensuring that plans link to wider organisational objectives.
- Ability to Initiate and lead the strategic planning of operations.
- Ability to create and maintain external relationships at senior level.
EMPLOYEE DEVELOPMENT & TEAMWORK:
- Encourages development which is in line with organisational strategy.
- Ability to provide a clear sense of purpose and guide others towards the organisation’s goals.
- Ability to build a committed team out of individuals and driving them to ensure delivery.
- Ability to analyse and recognise levels of morale and find ways to motivate and encourage team members.
- Ability to provide strategic feedback, which drives improvements and change across teams.
REPORTING & INFORMATION HANDLING & ANALYSIS:
- Ability to gather and analyse complex information and draw decisions on well written reports.
- Ability to maintain an overview of complex issues yet understands and manages the details.
PROBLEM SOLVING, CONFLICT RESOLOUTION & DECISION MAKING:
- Ability to take a long term perspective when resolving issues that could impact the organisation as a whole.
Islamic Principles of Waqf
- Ability to manage Waqf according to sound Islamic principles.
- Ability to innovate new approaches within the accept traditions of Islamic Waqf.
It is essential that the post holder shows a good understanding and empathy with the Islamic values and principles as well as commitment to IRW’s vision and mission.
The IWF Director must have a clear track-record of raising funds for Waqf, a deep understanding of Waqf principles, and an understanding of investment management.
• Ability to influence strategy in field of WAQF by acting as a recognised authority in this area with at least 5 years’ experience of working with Waqf including developing Waqf management tools.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience of senior management responsibility including the development of strategies.
• Proven track record of raising funds and marketing.
• At least 5 years’ experience working in Islamic Organisations at a senior level
• Fluent English and Good Arabic writing and speaking skills.
• Deep understanding of Islamic principles of Waqf and endowment management laws and broader Charity standards (in England & Wales).
• Experience of managing investments.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance, Management, Business, Law or Islamic studies.
• Proven knowledge and experience of programme management
• Demonstrable experience of managing an investment strategy and portfolio according to Islamic principles.
• Demonstrable Project management skills.
• Proven record in leading major transformative change and building/delivering strategic plans.
• Experience of working in a multinational and multicultural organisation.
• Knowledge of information management technology including MS Office, ERP and databases.
To apply for this job, please send your CV with a covering letter to this Email [email protected]