best charities to donate to 2021 :
best charities to donate to 2021 : Ramadan is flying by!
Can you believe we’ve already completed the first half of Ramadan? Every year we prepare for Ramadan, the blessed month arrives and before we know it, it starts to fly by.
The half way point is the perfect time to sit, reflect and renew our intentions. Do you feel like you haven’t done enough? Do you feel like you’re disconnected? Now’s the time to pick up the pace, with the last 10 nights fast approaching.
Here are some tips to help you reflect, pick up some extra good deeds and renew your intentions:
- Pray on time and get all the Sunnah and voluntary prayers in.
The Prophet (peace be upon him said), “there most excellent prayer after which is obligatory is the (voluntary) late night prayer.” [Muslim]
- Reflect and ponder over one ayah of the Quran – as well as reading the Quran daily, don’t forget to sit and ponder on at least one ayah of the Quran. This is also known as Taddabur.
- Learn the 99 names of Alllah and their meanings – It is recommended to use the different names of Allah when making dua. Learning these names keeps us in remembrance of Allah and increases our love for Allah.
- Make a dua list – include yourself, friends, family and the whole muslim ummah.
- Memorise some new duas – there are loads of short and simple duas you can memorise and include in your day to day life, such as the duas when wearing new clothes, looking in the mirror or when drinking your water and so on..
- Share food with your neighbours – simple deeds like sharing food with your neighbours is a great way to gain extra rewards this Ramadan and increase the love with the people around you.
- Donate your sadaqh and zakat – try to donate every day of this month. Allah gives to the people who give from what they have.
If you feel like you haven’t made the most of Ramadan yet, take comfort in the following:
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said that actions are judged by their ending [Bukhari].
Leave a legacy this Ramada, leave a Waqf.